You are a powerful and brave role model. Your wit, intelligence and strength are apparent in your words and deeds. You are also an inspiring parent. You have taught me much.
I first met you in your role as mother-hen to a brood of phenomenal girls and now know you as a Co-Real-Adult-Sort-Of. Through all of those transitions, you have always had a talent for making me (and so many others) feel fascinating to talk to, enjoyable as company, welcomed, cared for, and (of course) well-fed.
Mama!! You are SO Amazing!! Thank you for sharing all your wonderful creativity, intelligence, playful nature and understanding. Thank you for Your art, your food, your incredible wit, your warm loving home and for your support & wisdom as a brilliantly innovative & artistic Do-iT-Yourself-er. You always inspire me to be strong, creative and productive. ...Oh...and to be a better Scrabble player too. :)
Hi Charlotte, This is a wonderful idea from your daughter! I am very happy for you working so hard and getting your dream job! That is inspirational to us all! I hoped I helped a little bit getting you organized. You certainly helped me with all your thoughts and comments! Thank you! Happy belated birthday! Jeanine D. Rozier
"Charlotte, The fact that your daughters set this up for you speaks volumes as to what a wonderful mother you are. As a professional I know you to be someone who is not afraid to follow their passion even if it means changing courses. I admire and respect you immensely for both those thing. Big hug for you...........Katherine Velasquez"
Every time I think about you, I think of the last project we worked on together, and how you worked late with me every night. Remember the pizza? You wouldn't let me finish alone, and you were so patient, and taught me a lot. Charles Mitchem
You are confident, creative, intelligent, and compassionate. You were a role model throughout my childhood of the woman I hoped to become, and now it has been a pleasure knowing you as an adult (wait, am I there yet?) Kate, Alice, and Betsy are three of the loveliest and most accomplished people that I know which is due to your constant support of their hopes and dreams. Thank you for including me for countless meals, always welcoming me into your home (at all hours of the day and night), and of course taking me on vacation every summer! I’ve always felt like a fourth daughter.
Charlotte, I have always been impressed by your kindness and optimism. You are a wonderful person and have clearly raised wonderful people (Alice, what a beautiful way to honor your mother)! I miss seeing you and experiencing your energy. You are timeless and absolutely lovely!
"To my dear friend Char: I will always remember our most excellent adventures at Hockaday and UT! I have always admired your talent and how you find inspiration! Wishing you all the best and hoping we can get together someday! Love! DeDe"
Charlotte: You were amazing when I first met you in (gasp) 1976! I think the first thing I saw you do was single-handedly re-attach the door to your van. I know it weighed more than you did! Who was this crazy hippie girl with such OUT OF CONTROL hair?? Superwoman. No doubt about it. You taught me to be brave; I am still trying to get there. You taught me to cook....I remember the look of yes, horror!, when you saw I used margarine and imitation vanilla. Sacrilege. You introduced me to Julia Child and Simone Beck, "friendships" I have cherished ever since. (Just last night, I made the same roasted potatoes with garlic that we did together.) I remember when you showed up for dinner in your mother's 1940s dress....no one looked better than you did. You have raised three outstanding young women, who are not only brilliant and accomplished (like you), but caring and loving enough to arrange this opportunity for all of us to tell you how we feel about you. Happy belated birthdays (so many I have missed!) to a friend and role model. I hope to see you in 2011 and wish you every success and happiness. You made a difference in my life, dear friend. You are truly one of a kind.
Beth Stearns said: "Hi Charlotte! I admire you for so many reasons! You seem to be undaunted by any challenge. You are an amazing one-woman single parent to three amazing daughters, chef, barista, commercial interior designer, encyclopedia, gardener, artist, carpenter, mechanic, electrician, painter, and (I'm honored to say) very good friend. Love you! Beth"
Hi Charlotte, Your daughter contacted me about your blog. And well, to me that kinda tells me what kind of person you are. Able to raise sensitive, compassionate young people, on your own, to boot. I have always admired your up beat, positive attitude. In spite of last years economic downturn, you stayed true to your new calling. You are a special, kind, and smart woman and I will enjoy seeing your succeess in Interior Design. Best Wishes, Shannon J. Fortenberry
Elise said: "(i really did use [Charlotte] as an example of a role model. As organized, creative, productive project people/artists. Not only capable of, but well versed in implementing home/life improvements) (...not just musing about them)."
You conscientious and honest and also fun to laugh with!
ReplyDeleteYou are a powerful and brave role model. Your wit, intelligence and strength are apparent in your words and deeds. You are also an inspiring parent. You have taught me much.
ReplyDeleteI first met you in your role as mother-hen to a brood of phenomenal girls and now know you as a Co-Real-Adult-Sort-Of. Through all of those transitions, you have always had a talent for making me (and so many others) feel fascinating to talk to, enjoyable as company, welcomed, cared for, and (of course) well-fed.
ReplyDeleteThank you Ma Bell.
Mama!! You are SO Amazing!! Thank you for sharing all your wonderful creativity, intelligence, playful nature and understanding. Thank you for Your art, your food, your incredible wit, your warm loving home and for your support & wisdom as a brilliantly innovative & artistic Do-iT-Yourself-er. You always inspire me to be strong, creative and productive.
ReplyDelete...Oh...and to be a better Scrabble player too. :)
Happy 1/11/11!
Love You!
-Elise
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThis is a wonderful idea from your daughter! I am very happy for you working so hard and getting your dream job! That is inspirational to us all! I hoped I helped a little bit getting you organized. You certainly helped me with all your thoughts and comments! Thank you! Happy belated birthday!
Jeanine D. Rozier
"Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteThe fact that your daughters set this up for you speaks volumes as to what a wonderful mother you are. As a professional I know you to be someone who is not afraid to follow their passion even if it means changing courses. I admire and respect you immensely for both those thing. Big hug for you...........Katherine Velasquez"
Hi, Charlotte:
ReplyDeleteEvery time I think about you, I think of the last project we worked on together, and how you worked late with me every night. Remember the pizza? You wouldn't let me finish alone, and you were so patient, and taught me a lot. Charles Mitchem
You are confident, creative, intelligent, and compassionate. You were a role model throughout my childhood of the woman I hoped to become, and now it has been a pleasure knowing you as an adult (wait, am I there yet?) Kate, Alice, and Betsy are three of the loveliest and most accomplished people that I know which is due to your constant support of their hopes and dreams. Thank you for including me for countless meals, always welcoming me into your home (at all hours of the day and night), and of course taking me on vacation every summer! I’ve always felt like a fourth daughter.
ReplyDeleteBesos y abrazos,
Kathryn
Charlotte, I have always been impressed by your kindness and optimism. You are a wonderful person and have clearly raised wonderful people (Alice, what a beautiful way to honor your mother)! I miss seeing you and experiencing your energy. You are timeless and absolutely lovely!
ReplyDelete"for CRB: "May 2011 bring you good fun, unexpectedly in a delightful way. We love you and are thinking of you!" - Mark and Lisa Moulton
ReplyDelete"To my dear friend Char: I will always remember our most excellent adventures at Hockaday and UT! I have always admired your talent and how you find inspiration! Wishing you all the best and hoping we can get together someday! Love! DeDe"
ReplyDeleteWe only worked together for a short time, but I really admire how you enjoy taking on new challenges. Plus you make some amazing looking cakes!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great 2011!!! Thank you for all you've do ne for me! :)
ReplyDeleteCharlotte: You were amazing when I first met you in (gasp) 1976! I think the first thing I saw you do was single-handedly re-attach the door to your van. I know it weighed more than you did! Who was this crazy hippie girl with such OUT OF CONTROL hair?? Superwoman. No doubt about it.
ReplyDeleteYou taught me to be brave; I am still trying to get there. You taught me to cook....I remember the look of yes, horror!, when you saw I used margarine and imitation vanilla. Sacrilege. You introduced me to Julia Child and Simone Beck, "friendships" I have cherished ever since. (Just last night, I made the same roasted potatoes with garlic that we did together.)
I remember when you showed up for dinner in your mother's 1940s dress....no one looked better than you did.
You have raised three outstanding young women, who are not only brilliant and accomplished (like you), but caring and loving enough to arrange this opportunity for all of us to tell you how we feel about you. Happy belated birthdays (so many I have missed!) to a friend and role model. I hope to see you in 2011 and wish you every success and happiness. You made a difference in my life, dear friend. You are truly one of a kind.
Beth Stearns said: "Hi Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteI admire you for so many reasons! You seem to be undaunted by any challenge. You are an amazing one-woman single parent to three amazing daughters, chef, barista, commercial interior designer, encyclopedia, gardener, artist, carpenter, mechanic, electrician, painter, and (I'm honored to say) very good friend. Love you!
Beth"
Hi Charlotte,
ReplyDeleteYour daughter contacted me about your blog. And well, to me that kinda tells me what kind of person you are. Able to raise sensitive, compassionate young people, on your own, to boot. I have always admired your up beat, positive attitude. In spite of last years economic downturn, you stayed true to your new calling. You are a special, kind, and smart woman and I will enjoy seeing your succeess in Interior Design.
Best Wishes, Shannon J. Fortenberry
Elise said: "(i really did use [Charlotte] as an example of a role model. As organized, creative, productive project people/artists. Not only capable of, but well versed in implementing home/life improvements) (...not just musing about them)."
ReplyDelete